Thursday 11 September 2014

Girls with Curls Shampoo, Conditioner and Curl Gelee Review

Girls with Curls is a recent product line launch by Dippity Do does anyone else think of the hair gel from their childhood when they hear that name? I have found this line at London Drugs, Walmart and Target for around $5 a product. The line has the curl shampoo, curl conditoner, curl gellee and curl cream. I have the shampoo/conditioner and the gellee. Overall, I am impressed with the line, I do find that it helps my curls look more defined and not as flat or shapeless and frizzy.


The Gellee is a really unique product as far as my curl care goes, it's not a gel but it's not a mouse, it's more like a whipped gel. The directions tell the user to apply the gellee to wet hair from roots to ends be warned: too much will make your roots a sticky mess apply cautiously and scrunch. I find this works best my flipping your hair over your head and applying like you would a mouse, scrunching as you go.

The combination of shampoo/conditioner/gellee really does help my curls in particular look more curly, my sister has found the shampoo/conditioner a little too drying for her hair, but on me I think it removes the rest amount of oils to really let my curls form and last.

I would rate this system:
8/10 for price, at just $5 a product, washing 2-3 times a week the bottles should last a fair amount of time, and the small amount of gellee required for my long thick hair is really doing the job, promising a long lasting use of the product.
8/10 for overall experience, I find it works and will repurchase when I run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment